About DeWitt Law
Who We Are
Our team at DeWitt Law, PC stands ready to assist taxpayers from all backgrounds who are facing serious tax issues. Our team, led by Tyler DeWitt, Esq., CPA, focuses on solving problems efficiently and working to ensure they never happen again.
Whether it is filing an offer in compromise, defending against an IRS audit, litigating a tax court case, or any other tax-related issue, our team can get the job done.
We also pride ourselves on working with our clients by providing tax planning, strategic advice, and other general legal services.
Recent Representative Matters
- Contractor owing over $300,000 to the IRS. Tax debt was reduced through an offer in compromise by over 90%
- Tax preparation firm assessed six-figure IRS civil penalties for alleged violations of the Earned Income Tax Credit due diligence requirements. Assessment was reduced by over 75%
- Tax preparation firm sued for tax preparation malpractice/negligence. Obtained judgment in favor of the firm
- Multi-million-dollar automotive parts distributor audited by the IRS. The IRS returned an audit report proposing no additional tax
- Worldwide non-profit missionary organization sought review of its tax compliance and operations. Re-structured operations to conform with IRS non-profit compliance requirements
- Small business challenged tax assessment in tax court. Obtained a 75% reduction of assessment
- IRS proposed assessing “trust fund” penalties under I.R.C. § 6672 against an individual taxpayer for alleged payroll misconduct. Proposed assessment was reversed
- Sole proprietor owed the IRS approximately $50,000. Tax debt was reduced by over 90%.
- Divorced wife discovered that ex-husband failed to disclose tax liens encumbering her property interest. Judgment entered for wife in Davidson County Circuit Court.
- IRS disallowed taxpayer’s claimed dependent and Earned Income Tax Credit. Case was appealed to U.S. Tax Court where a Decision was entered in favor of the taxpayer.
*DeWitt Law, PC makes no guarantee with regard to the outcome of any one particular client case. Although these results do not guarantee success in every case, your lawyer should have experience handling important cases and obtaining significant results. These cases do not guarantee similar results. Every case is different.
What our clients say about DeWitt Law:
Thanks to Tyler and everyone we worked with, we are once again FREE to live our lives without the burden of the IRS looming like an executioner over our heads!
— Jeff D.
Tyler Dewitt is the best at not only winning a case, but guiding you through the process. His confident approach to representing you with the IRS made many nights restful and not sleepless. Thanks again Tyler for the representation.
Tennessee law requires us to inform you that this website is an advertisement. The information contained in this website is not intended as legal advice. We always recommend that you seek legal advice from a licensed attorney.
DeWitt Law, PC maintains offices in Tennessee and has lawyers licensed to practice in Tennessee, as well as other jurisdictions. DeWitt Law, PC neither practices nor intends to practice law in any jurisdiction it is not so licensed or otherwise permitted by law to practice.
Certifications of Specialization are available to Tennessee lawyers in areas of practice relating to or included in the areas of Civil Trial, Criminal Trial, Creditors' Rights, Consumer Bankruptcy, Business Bankruptcy, Medical Malpractice, Legal Malpractice, Accounting Malpractice, Elder Law and Estate Planning. A listing of any such practice areas or related practice areas on this website does not constitute and is not intended to constitute or imply a representation of certification of specialization.
To the extent a jurisdiction's state bar rules require us to designate a principal office and/or a single attorney responsible for this Website, DeWitt Law, PC designates its office in Memphis, Tennessee, USA as its principal office and designates Tyler H. DeWitt as the attorney responsible for this Website.
The information and material in this website are believed to be accurate. However, this material and information is not intended to be legal advice, and should not be considered as such. Every situation is unique and you should not act on information contained in this website without seeking advice from a legal professional specific to your particular situation. Visiting this website is not intended to and does not create an attorney-client or any other relationship between you and DeWitt Law, PC.